JBA’s Organization & Network
Japan Business Association of Southern California
1411 West 190th St, Suite 220
Gardena, California 90248
Telephone: (310) 515-9522
2019 Board of Directors
- Hironori KobayashiAll Nippon Airways Co., Ltd.
- Tetsuya TsutsuiAmerican Honda Motor Co., Inc.
- Shinji NishimuraDENSO Products and Services Americas, Inc.
- Hiromu KoyamaEpson America, Inc.
- Michitaka SugawaraFujitsu Frontech North America, Inc.
- Toshihide KotakeH.I.S. International Tours (NY) Inc.
- Masanao OnoHonyaku USA Inc.
- Kiichi NakajimaJapan Airlines Co., Ltd.
- Naohiro TakahashiJFC International Inc.
- Yoshiyuki FutamiJTB Americas, Ltd.
- Akinori MizunoKamei North America Co., Ltd.
- Yuichi YamakawaKintetsu Enterprises Company of America
- Kae SamKintetsu International Express (U.S.A.), Inc.
- Fumihiko KusakabeManufacturers Bank
- Tomoya IchinoseMazda North American Operations
- Jun IidaMikuni American Corporation
- Takuya KawasawaMitsubishi Corporation (Americas)
- Keijiro HoraMitsubishi Electric US, Inc.
- Tatsuo SatoMitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc.
- Takashi ShiroyamaMitsui Sumitomo Marine Management (U.S.A.), Inc.
- Kingo SakashitaMizuho Bank, Ltd.,
- Yuichi MitsumoriMUFG Union Bank, N. A.
- Yukihiro MurataNippon Express U.S.A., Inc.
- Hisashi SakagamiNippon Life Insurance Company of America
- Akihiro EndoPacific Guardian Life Insurance Company, Ltd.
- Kazuki KawakamiPanasonic Corporation of North America
- Chotaro KoumiPentel of America, Ltd.
- Takashi SugitaRelo Redac, Inc.
- Harumasa YabukiSoftBank Telecom America Corp.
- Satoshi OkawaSumitomo Corporation of Americas
- Masato MorimotoSumitomo Electric U.S.A., Inc.
- Satoshi FuruyaTokio Marine America
- Yuki IkehataToyo Tire Holdings of Americas, Inc.
- Ryota MasumoYamato Transport U.S.A., Inc.
Japan Airlines Co., Ltd.
Executive Vice President and Secretary
Ernst & Young LLP
Chair of the Business and Commerce Committee
Chair of the Planning and Marketing Committee
Kamei North America Co., Ltd.
Chair of the Education and Cultural Committee
Tokio Marine America
Chair of the Asahi Gakuen Committee
Honyaku USA Inc.
Chair of the Downtown Regional Committee
H.I.S. INTERNATIONAL TOURS (NY) INC.
Chair of the South Bay Regional Committee
Nippon Express U.S.A., Inc.
Chair of the Orange County Regional Committee
Suzuki Motor of America, Inc.
Business and Commerce Committee
We will promote strengthening ties with local communities through collaboration with friendship organizations, the Sacramento delegation visit, JBA Reception, etc., for the purpose of developing and expanding business opportunities for Japanese companies.
Moving forward through future activities, we will make the contributions of Japanese companies’ in Southern California appealing to members and become an integral part of the region’s business.
Planning and Marketing Committee
The Planning and Marketing Committee deals with planning and putting into action various events for members. Our main activities include the New Year’s Celebration Party, business seminars, JBA Newsletter, a Softball Tournament, cross-industry exchange mixers, and more. We value teamwork and the enjoyment of committee members themselves to be important, and wish to hold events that will satisfy all JBA members and make total member participation possible.
Education and Cultural Committee
In order to "increase those who are knowledgeable about Japan and Japanese fans" locally, JBA was able to send US educators working at schools with a large Japanese student body to Japan for a short time (to learn more about Japan’s educational system). The Education and Cultural Committee is also dedicated to supporting activities that improve the educational environment of local schools that teach Japanese language and culture. Future activities will be funded through the contributions from the Charity Golf Tournament to be held in July, so we thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Downtown Regional Committee
This committee will organize events for members in the northern region of Los Angeles such as attending a Dodgers game, attending golf tours, picking up garbage for community service, being involved in events related to Little Tokyo, the Manzanar Memorial Service Bus Tour, participating in Nisei Week Closing Ceremonies, as well as learning and interacting with the Japanese American community. Our member base includes many returning and new members, so we look forward to enjoying these events together.
South Bay Regional Committee
The South Bay Regional Committee oversees the 230 member companies registered with JBA. We pledge to do our best, as evidenced in our motto, "Contribute to the Los Angeles and South Bay region and JBA members through fun and fulfilling events and activities." Similar to last year, we have approximately 16 events planned for 2017. Our community service contributions include: Torrance Chamber of Commerce and Industry exchange events, beach clean-up and picnic, etc; for our members: Los Angeles Harbor tour, Halloween picnic, etc.
Orange County Regional Committee
There are more than 120 member companies in the Orange County Regional Committee, but we have various useful events and activities for everyone and the local community at a high rate of once or twice a month so that we can better serve you and our community.
Asahi Gakuen Committee
JBA is the founder of Asahi Gakuen, the largest Saturday school system in the world. Additionally, we look forward to celebrating the momentous occasion of the 50th anniversary in two years’ time. As our committee members are also Asahi Gakuen school board of Directors, without a doubt we will continue to provide high-quality education, as well as reflecting on the past and present while seeking to shape the future of our school curriculum, continuing to manage the school with the aim of achieving further high standards.